Here at RackSAFE we ensure our services and inspections fully comply with Australian Standard AS4084-2012. This covers all static racking, with the exception of drive-in and drive-through racking, as well as cantilever and mobile racking (Section 8.2 Inspection of the Standard).
It’s important that audits/inspections are carried out on a regular basis (at least once every twelve months as per the Standard).
Regular audit/inspections will ensure:
- The correct application and use of equipment
- Load signs are installed and adhered to for weight purposes
- Racking installation has not been altered – a copy of the load application and configuration drawings shall be retained for this purpose.
During the audit/inspection we will examine:
- All manufacturer’s pallet racking
- Correct application and use
- Loads within allowable safe limits
- Accidental damage to, or dislodgement of, structure components
- Ensure beam safety clips are fitted located.